We have all heard countless times about this phrase: we are the salt of the earth. But what is the understanding that the disciples had when they heard it from the mouth of Jesus? One thing we must understand: Jesus and his disciples did not live in the 21st century. We must put ourselves in the shoes of the people of the 1st century, and understand this saying according to their everyday life and their customs.
- 1. Salt is used to season food.
- 2.The covenant of salt for offering
- 3. Salt preserves and cures.
- 4. The Will of God, the Work of God
- 5. Salt melts the ice.
- 6. Perpetual Covenant: God provides for his priests and servants.
- 7. Perpetual covenant: God gave the Kingdom of Israel to David.
- 8. Salt is a token of loyalty and protection.
- 9. Salt is a token of truthfulness and loyalty.
- 10. Salt a token that the marriage is a perpetual covenant.